Thursday, June 19, 2008

Work...

So I started working again this week....WOOF!
I'm not excited in the least. I don't think it will be too bad, it's just that right now everything is trying to get situated with the new owners and everything and it's kinda frusterating. I was speaking with the new owner yesterday and he was asking me when I would be working in the office. I told him that I would come down a couple times throughout the day but that the majority of my time would be spent at home. Well now he wants to know what hours specifically I will be workin in the office. I told him that it's hard to say right now because Aubri is not on a schedule, she is only a month old! Now, I don't know if she should be on a schedule by now but whatever. So now I'm perturbed. Oh well, it will all work itself out, it's just getting there that is lame.

So that brings me to my next topic...How do I get Aubri on a schedule?? I have noticed that if I feed her at 12am she will sleep until 5 or 5:30am, which is nice. But other than that, I just feed her when she wants and she sleeps when she wants and that is how life is going right now. I'm just not sure how to change all that around to a set schedule. Suggestions would be wonderful!!

As for Aubri, she is just growing and growing! Although she is still tiny!! She is just over a month old and is still wearing newborn outfits! I am exctied for her to get chubby rolls on her legs, that will be fun!!

5 comments:

Tami said...

Natalie,

DON'T RUSH!!!!! She shouldn't be on a schedule, maybe in another 1 to 1 1/2 months and aren't you supposed to get 6 weeks- what are they talking about, I think you are being nice working from home right now. The most important thing for you right now is to sleep when you can!

Enjoy this time they grow up tooooo fast!
Love you, can't wait to see an updated picture!

Kari said...

I think the midnight feeding and then feeding whenever she wants is best. I liked feeding at that same time because then it felt like I was actually getting a somewhat normal night's rest.

I don't think babies need to be put on a schedule right away. Feed her when she wants to eat. Let her sleep when she wants to sleep. It may make it a little more difficult for you to get things done, but in my mind it is much better for babies to feel that their needs are being met when they have them, not just when it's convenient for you and the schedule.

Going back to work is hard, but it will all work itself out like you said. =)

Sprack Attack said...

I agree with Tami and Kari. We always just sorta went with the flow. I figure if they are crying and want something, it is just better to go ahead and make sure they are happy. I think my kids turned out pretty happy, well behaved (most of the time) and fun to be around. Of course I could be just a little biased.

Franklin Family said...

You don't know me - I'm a friend of Sara's. I just had my first baby last summer and the thing that saved my life is "On Becoming Baby Wise." It teaches you how to put your baby on a schedule, how long they should be able to go without eating, etc., without being too rigid. It is wonderful and I will re-read it for every child. Best of luck!

Trish Griffee said...

I think you've got a schedule for you for now. you'll know when it's time to start feeding her on your time and having her take naps.

Kailye was on a schedule by 6 weeks but it wasn't really rigid.