Monday, April 21, 2008

Camping...

Can I just say, I LOVE TO CAMP!! It's like camping is a part of me, of who I am and I love it!!

This last weekend Chandler, Mom, and I went down to Arches. Origionally it was supposed to be Sarah and her family, and Val and her family, and anyone else who wanted to go, however things come up, we understand. (we did miss you terribly though)...It was fun just the 3 of us, I wasn't quite sure how Chandler would like it, he seemed quite hesitant when I told him that it would only be the 3 of us. But all in all we had a really good time! We played pounce with mom about a dozen times, (that is her ultimate favorite card game, eventhough she NEVER wins)! We went shopping in Moab, I found the CUTEST tea pot for Aurbi's room, it has a ladybug on it and matching cups with saucers, I love it!! We didn't go hiking because I'm so large I can hardly walk let alone hike, we were lazy, and we read books...speaking of, Chandler and I were watching Dateline a while ago and it was on this professer who has pancreatic cancer and was given only 6 months to live, so he gave this lecture in his class on life, and how to live it day by day with optimisim. Anywho, we were shopping on Friday for camping stuff and Chandler found this guy's book! It's called the last lecture. Chandler has not been able to put it down, I have never seen him so into a book! He loves all the insights and thoughts this man has to offer. So I suggest you read it.....
Back to camping, all in all it was a nice relaxed weekend, just what we all needed!

Last night when we got home I took a shower, I WAS STINKY!! Adam, this is the only time I'll admit to it...but it's true, we all were gross. The entire weekend it was soo windy in Moab, so needless to say we had sand everywhere!! In my hair, in my eyes, my finger and toe nails, my ears!! It was bad. Anywho, after finally getting clean, I was putting lotion on my feet, well I was in for a shock! Not only were my toenails extremely long, my feet were about 4 sizes bigger! At first this didn't phase me much, but the more I thought about it the more distressed I became. I finished putting the lotion on my feet, then I laid back on my bed and all the sudden the tears came ROLLING down my face! Poor Chandler thought I was in pain, and I was sobbing so hard that I could barely tell him why I was acutally crying! All I spat out was, "My Feet Are Giant!!" and kept sobbing. I could tell he wanted to laugh, but seeing how distraught I was he made the right choice and told me everything was all right, he propped up my feet and made me lie down, then he rubbed my feet to help the swelling, I was very impressed and then he read me my relaxation story from our lamaz class. What a wonderful husband I have! I know he is going to tease me about this later, but I really appreciate how nice he was.

Which brings me to Lamaz! I love our lamaz class!! It is so helpful and informative! I am excited to have my baby au natural. At first I was scared and nervous, but now I feel empowered and am actually looking forward to it. I am excited that I'll be able to walk around while in labor to help ease the pain and not be bed ridden during and shortly thereafter, I'm excited knowing that I really can do it, and that my husband will be there to help me through it all. Mostly I'm excited to have our baby here!! Chandler wants to play with her, I want to dress her up!

Well I better get back to work!!

4 comments:

Tami said...

What a fun weekend! We should all meet in Moab someday! Lonny wants to do some jeeping.
Your feet do grow any extra size, it has happened to everyone.
You can do it all natural! It is a good feeling to have done. Remember the pain gets over soon- it is not forever.
Love ya, keep going! She will be here and you will want her back in-

Trish Griffee said...

I still love the feet story. At least you've made it this far with just one neurotic story to tell. I have them daily, and like I said Michael likes to see how much he can make me cry when that happens. Enjoy being able to be crazy while you're pregnant, once you're done people will just look at you weird when that stuff happens.

Kari said...

I love your little teapot, it is ADORABLE! That story is funny, and you have a very nice (and smart) husband for not laughing right then and for rubbing your feet instead.

Katie said...

I think we all have those crazy hormonal pregancy stories. One of mine involved tears at a McDonald's because they didn't have hash browns.

I wanted to tell you that getting in the tub really helped me when I was laboring with Alli. The pain was still there, but it was much less intense when I was in the warm water. Maybe it will help you too as you aim for your drug-free delivery.