Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Baby Shower....

I would just like to take a minute to say thank you to all of you who were able to attend my baby shower! We received so much stuff for our baby and I appreciate everything everyone got us! We needed every bit of what we got and cant say thank you enough.


I had so much fun at my baby shower, so many people came who I didn't think were going to make it! Aunt Val's house looked as marvelous as ever and I think every one had a good time. The only things we have left to get for the baby are, a playpen/bassinet, a breast pump, and a couple binkies....I think that is it, I really don't have any clue what we need till she actually gets here. :)


Now I just need to get set up in my house so I can start working there properly. I am getting to the point where I want this baby out of my body. I have a tiny torso, and for some reason Aubri has been sitting very high. I cant sit down with out having something crowding my rib cage. My nights have been sleepless this past week, its like as soon as I fall asleep I have to some how get my giant body out of my comfy bed (which is impossible) to pee AGAIN! "Its a vicious cycle". I have swollen feet at the end of each day and now I have a hard time getting my wedding ring on my finger and eventually have to take it off during the day because I no longer have circulation in my finger. I seem to be cranky more and more, and no one understands that I honestly cannot help it! I don't like to be cranky and I would choose not to be if I had the choice! Oh and then the funny thing is, at my last appointment my doctor told me that it would be a good idea to try and not gain more than 10lbs between now and when the baby is born, he said that I was at normal weight gain for pregnancy with a good 26lbs gained. well, what he does not know is that I have not gained only 26lbs, I, Natalie Cook, have gained a whooping 46lbs. I did not see my doctor until I was already 12 weeks pregnant. From the time I was not prego until I was 12 weeks I had already gained 20lbs. How sad.....I feel giant. Oh and need I say STRETCH MARKS SUCK!


As for the good things about being pregnant....People are nice to me, I get to eat ice cream all the time, I have a connection with my baby that poor Chandler will not be able to develop with her until she is here, and I get to sleep in and go to work at 11am instead of 9am. Well, enough about pregnancy...here is a picture for your enjoyment. (If you do not enjoy this picture, well then do not look at it!)

So, I also wanted to talk about how wonderful conference was this year! There was a ton on family! I have been so worried lately that I will not be so great at raising my child and I don't remember her name but a lady gave a talk on Saturday and she said "as long as you raise your children with values consistent with the gospel everything will turn out fine" that touched me because I have been soooo worried, and that eased my mind. I also liked the 2nd to last talk in the last session. That speaker talked to husbands to respect their wives, to love them, to help them out, to set time apart for he and his wife alone once in a while, and to interact with his children when he comes home from work. He spoke to wives to support their husbands, to nurture children, and to be an example in the home. And then he spoke to children to respect their parents, to clean up toys, and to say thank you for things their mothers and fathers do for them.

The talk that was hard to hear was the talk on abuse, those who were abused, those who are currently abused, and those who are the abuser. The thing I really appreciated from that particular talk was one simple and small phrase the speaker said. He said it is important to forgive, however if you cannot forgive your offender just yet, put that step aside for now, it's okay, come back to it later." How freeing that was. I still have no clue how to forgive my attacker. I don't want to forgive that man, and even after 2 1/2 years I don't know how to forgive. Maybe one day I'll be able to, just not now and its nice to know that is ok.

Anywho, I love you all!! I'm going home :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck not gaining more than 10 lbs. In my last 3 weeks, I gained the same amount as what I did the first 37 weeks! It was awful. Also be grateful your ankles are just swollen at the end of the day. All the paid of the pregnancy is worth it though. Now that Clara is actually here, I can't imagine life without her.

And why was I not invited to your shower? I would have loved to have come! Oh well.....

Tami said...

It sounds like you are very close to your due date, of course. We all want to have babies but don't realize what comes with it, but women have been doing it forever.
Hey will you send me your address on my e-mail?
Conference was wonderful and I hope I can raise my kids the way I am supposed to. I had to pull one of mine out of a tree to come listen to the prophet! Uggg It was so good to see you all.

Sarah said...

Your Moby wraps have arrived !!! If you call me with your address I might be able to drop them by!
I am glad you shower was great, I had fun.
LOvE YA

Trish Griffee said...

Nat don't be to worried about that weight gain. I gained 60 pounds with Kailye. It all came off after...okay and then back on, but I'm sure it would have stayed gone if I would have worked at it. And I TOTALLY understand the grumpiness! It is so hard tochangge your attitude when you get this far along, no matter how hard you try.

I also loved that talk on abuse from conference. It took me 5 years to forgive what happened to me, so I understand that it is much harder than the simple forgive and forget. But I have to tell you as soon as you truly can just forgive it you will feel SO relieved.

Tami said...

okay, I am going to give you my yucky address and then once we start communicating I will switch to my family one, tamiclove@mail.com love you too