Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Room...& Hourly Wages

This is the newest addition to Aubri's room!! I absolutly LOVE IT....
...and THIS is what I use it for....
...It's a perfect tutu holder/displayer. :) I still am in what seems like a never ending struggle to get Aubri's room totally finished so she can actually sleep in there, but now that our carpets have finally been cleaned the end is near and I will then be able to post pretty pictures. So I had a pleasant surprise today...Chandler and I have been putting our spare change (you know, the stuff you find in the washing machine because you didn't empty your pockets) in the cutest "piggy" bank (Aubri's is a ladybug), anywho, today I went to get the change turned into dollars and there was $20.00!! That might not seem like a lot, but for a 4 month old to have $20.00 seems to be pretty cool to me....Chandler and I would like to start some kind of savings for Aubri mostly for schooling but we are not quite sure what kind of savings account we should get, SO if any of you have any ideas for us that would be great!!

Now as some of you know, I have been butting heads with my boss about my hours and I have been getting frusterated. Well, we had a meeting on Monday and my boss came to the decision to have me go on an hourly pay instead of my usual salary pay. Oh man, I was not a happy camper at first. When I get mad and someone is talking about how they feel, or telling me what they think the way I react is in silence. I like to just take in what said person has to say and then I process and eventually come up with a response. So I reacted to what he was saying to me in the above listed manner and when he was done talking he goes, "So Natalie, is this fair? What are you thinking?" So instead of telling the boss what I really thought about the whole thing I simply said, "eh, it's ok." so he proceeded to tell me that was a cop-out. So then I spoke with out prior approval from my brain and said, "well ya know, I have told you what I do at home I don't know how many times. (cause he said he has no idea what I do when I leave for the day) Yeah I may not get 8 complete hours of work done every day but I do feel like I do get 40 hours a week, which I thought was the whole point of being on a salary. SO if you REALLY don't feel like you are getting your monies worth (cause that is what he said at one point of his rambling) then yeah, lets do hourly. I actually would like the extra time with my child, so really thank you!" He seemed flabbergasted and didn't quite know what to say after that so he kept talking and I kept not quite listening. then he asked if I was mad at him and/or if I hated him, so there I am being put on an houly pay and consoling my boss telling him that I don't hate him......wow what a day. But in retrospect I think it will be ok. I really don't mind cause now I DON'T have to worry about lame work stuff when I come home and I can keep my house clean, etc it's great!
I guess that could be considered as a "funny Monday" to add to Sarah's blog eh?? I think so. :)

3 comments:

Tami said...

Good Job on both accounts! Aubri, Chandler and your house will appreciate it!

Trish Griffee said...

I so don't miss office politics! I hope it works out well for you to have more time and less stress. I know it's benefited Michael & I since I quit.

Miss Brandy said...

Hey Natalie! Wow, sounds so frustrating. I don't miss the work garbabe either. I'm glad you're feeling better about it now. It's so hard juggling home and work.

I would love to take Aubri's pictures. I am really trying to get a studio set up. If you want them done it would push me to get that taken care of!!! Just e-mail me detailsutah@hotmail.com

Brandy