Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Baby Girl!!

So, I just got back from the doctor's office and had a blast!! Except I had to pee sooooo bad, and then, the lady pushing on my bladder did not help at all! However, the ultrasound looked great!! We saw all the parts of my baby, including but not limited to; skull, heart (all 4 chambers), stomache, bladder, kidneys, lungs, arms & legs, hands & feet, face, etc. I'm happy to say that there are no prevlaint deformities, like cleft palet (i think that is how it's spelt...). It's soo exciting to see all that stuff!! Oh and yes, it IS a girl!! I'm 22 weeks now, due date is May 21, 2008. We will go back to the doctor February 13th for another check up. We have paid our doctor over half the charge so far, and I'm excited about that too cause then everything else we save after that will be able to go towards the hospital.

For those of you who don't know, I do not have insurance and so the doctor Adam and Kari used has this amazing plan for non-insured people where the total doctor bill (not including lab fees) is only $2400.00. If you pay that off before you deliver your baby then they take off the $400.00!! So, we have paid $1100.00 so far and it's only January!! Then the new hospital, Intermountain Medical Center, also has a savings plan for non-insured people called the Storksaver Plan, where the hospital bill for a 24 hour stay (after delivery) is only $2500.00. However this does not include an epidural, labs, etc. That being said, I will be delivering my baby au' natural!! I'm acutally pretty excited about having a natural child birth, I hear such great things about it from women who have had it both ways. So, I'll be alright.

I'm actually Really excited that there are going to be so many girls the same age, I didn't have any girls my age, so I think my daughter will have lots of fun! AND I have lots of ideas for cute pictures for all of them! ....Is it weird that the first thing I think of when I think about all the girls is what pictures I'm gonna take?? probably...

Some other exciting news....We bought a crib last night!! It's cute and was on sale! Although, it is a lot bigger than I expected. We assembled it in the living room and now cant fit it through the door into the baby room! haha I also bought hangers for the few outfits we have and hung them in the closet. Now I just need shelves and stuff. I'm really excited now.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Yay for baby girls! I am so excited that all of us will have girls that are so close in age!

Trish Griffee said...

Good luck with that natural crap! I think its cool that some women do that, its just not something you will ever find me doing on purpose. And I laughed a lot at your crib. Oh well next time you'll know.

Katie said...

Josh and I totally had to take the crib apart to get it into the baby's room from the living room! LOL at the memory, and I'm glad I'm not the only one!