Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Keepsake Box...

So, I finally got my lame computer to read my memory card so here are some pics of my work-in-progress keepsake box I'm making for my baby...So, this is how the box looked before I painted it, all white...




So, First I painted the box yellow and green...

Then I added her name to the lid...

then I added cute pink ribbon to the edge of the lid and decided that there were too many colors, so I repainted the bottom from green to purple...

This is how the box looks right now. I like it a lot...I am trying to decide if I should pain the inside of the box or if I should just start gluing stuff down. also I am trying to decide what else to put on the outside... I want to one of the ultra sound pictures inside the lid, but I like to look at them still so I'll wait :) I think I am going to put some cute sayings about little girls around the outside...so if you know any please let me know!!! I am going to put pics of what I crave and other things I really like while I'm prego in there so I won't forget...and so Aubri can know when she is older (if she cares) haha I want to write her a letter for like when she goes to school for the 1st time, or some other big event in her life, I think that would be fun!

When I was in Young Womens we made these "temple cans" and in them we put a pic of our fav temple, some other small sentimental things, a letter to ourselves, and a letter from our mothers for when we get married in the temple. We then sealed the cans. I had forgotten all about my can until I was talking to my mom about going through the temple the other day and she reminded me about it...needless to say, now I'm dying to read my letters!! I can only imagine what I said to myself :) I think this was fun, and want to do it for my kids.

Well I feel like I'm blabbering so I'll go home... :)

4 comments:

Trish Griffee said...

Wow that first picture you put up was very deceiving. It looked like a huge box. It is very cute. I like stuff like that. I wrote Kailye a letter when she was born. She likes to read it.

Kari said...

I love it! It's way cute, I wanna make one! I haven't written any letters to Jayci yet, but I think I might start. That will be so cool for you to open your letters and read what you wrote to yourself when you go through!

Trish Griffee said...

I tried to update something on my blog just had to see if it worked

Trish Griffee said...

Nice..it did..thanks for being my trial blog:)