Thursday, January 17, 2008

Temple Question...

So, I forgot to write about this in my other post, however I have a question...

As you may or may not know, Chandler and I are working on going to the temple to become an eternal family! This wont happen until after we have our baby, however I have been giving it a lot of thought lately and I was wondering if I wore my wedding dress, would that be weird?? I have this vision of Chandler in a white tux, me in my dress (with some changes to the shoulder area) and our baby girl in her blessing dress (if it still fits at the time)...I don't know if this is weird, but I think I would really like it. I want it to be a big day for all of us, especially after how hard Chandler and I have been working at it. PLUS, I don't want my mom to have paid $700.00+ for a dress I only wear ONCE! haha I just think it would be cute...

Please let me know you oppinion......

8 comments:

Trish Griffee said...

I didn't wear mine but I think it might be cool. they won't let you wear it in the temple but it could be cute for pictures. Your mom wanted us to rent Michael a tux and for me to change my dress just to go take pictures by the temple...just pics. I laughed at her.

We let just kk wear her fancy white dress, she thought it was so cool. But I'm guessing Aubri will be much smaller than Kk was.

Kari said...

I think it would be fun. And really, this will be the only other time you'd be able to wear it so I say go for it.

I don't see why they wouldn't let you wear it in the temple. As long as it's temple appropriate by then, I don't know why it would be a problem. Probably a good question to ask your bishop though, he'd know. Or you could even call the temple and someone there could tell you if they'd allow that. I'd say find that out first, then it will make the decision that much easier to know if you even can.

Sarah said...

I think it would be great, when are you going to get another chance to wear it right !!
I wore my dress in the temple for the sealing, I don't think you should have a problem.
Keep blogging I love it !!

Bobbie said...

The only reason they won't let you wear your dress in the temple is because of the rhinestones.

Bobbie said...

oops that was from trish...via bobbie's computer.

Tami said...

it just has to be neck and arm appropriate and then you will be okay

Gina said...

I think you should definitely wear it! Enjoy it and do what YOU want!

Katie said...

I think it should be okay. If it's really flashy with lots of rhinestones, you can call the temple matron and ask her. How exciting for you guys!