Monday, January 28, 2008

Sadness...

Today is a sad day. President Gordon B. Hinkley has passed away. I went out to dinner with some friends from Provo, and when I got back the first thing Chandler said to me was, "President Hinkley died." He had tears in his eyes, and all I could think was, what?? those words are not making any kind of sense! I don't think it has quite hit me that he is acutally gone. He is the only Prophet I can actually remember, and even when I wasn't going to church I would listen to his talks when he would speak in conference. He was such a kind man and I know he is back with his wife in heaven...happy. I'm just selfish and wish he could have been here with us longer. :)
I think what makes me sad is that I think of Grandma and Grandpa and how sad I will be when they go see Heavenly Father, I don't know what I'll do. I want them to be here when Aubri gets baptized and when she goes through the temple....
Ok I'm making myself way sad, so, I'll go for now....
I love you President Hinkley, and wish you peace through the eternities. Thank you for all your words that helped guide me through my life, you are an amazing man.

~Natalie~

2 comments:

Tami said...

Okay, I haven't cried until today! I know he is happy too but man I was thinking he would stay with us forever. Oh and to mention the grandparents was rotten- there is no way I want that time to ever go either. They have be a stable part of my life- always loving me no matter what.

Trish Griffee said...

Oh man I am way too emotional today for all this Pres. Hinckley talk. It's killing me. I remember when I wasn't going to church I used to listen to his talks also. Only his. It's crazy the kind of connection he had to people. no matter how they were living.